web analytics

Categorized | News

Interested in serving on a Kent County board or committee?


The Kent County Board of Commissioners is seeking citizens interested in serving the community through appointment to various boards, commissions, and committees. Any Kent County resident may apply by completing an online application form via the County’s website at www.accessKent.com/boardappointments. Resumes and cover letters are encouraged and may be attached. All citizens are urged to apply. The application deadline is September 30, 2015.

Listed below are the boards, commissions, and committees that have citizen openings terms effective January 1, 2016 (unless otherwise noted):

  • Agricultural Preservation Board (1 agricultural interest and 1 conservation representative)
  • Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan – Advisory Council
  • Area Agency on Aging of Western Michigan – Board of Directors
  • City/County Building Authority
  • Community Corrections Advisory Board (1 media relations representative)
  • Community Health Advisory Committee (1 Community-based organization representative, 1 healthcare provider, and 1 At-Large member)
  • Community Mental Health Authority Board (term begins April 1, 2016)
  • County Building Authority
  • Friend of the Court Citizen’s Advisory Committee (1 child advocate representative and 1 family law attorney)
  • Gerald R. Ford International Airport Board
  • Housing Commission
  • Jury Commission
  • Kent County Family & Children’s Coordinating Council (2 private funding organization representatives and 2 private agency representatives)
  • Kent District Library Board (Region 2 – resident of Algoma, Cannon, Courtland, Grattan Township and the City of Rockford; and Region 6 – Resident of Caledonia and Gaines Township and City of Kentwood); Applicants must live in Region 2 or 6.
  • Kent Hospital Finance Authority
  • Lakeshore Regional Partners Substance Abuse Oversight Policy Board
  • Millennium Park Architectural Advisory Review Board (1 business community representative)
  • Officers’ Compensation Commission
  • Remonumentation Peer Review Group (3 openings – must be a Professional Surveyor)
  • Veterans’ Affairs Committee (Applicant must be a Veteran of the Armed Forces. Please indicate on application which war/conflict served in.)

Questions for those interested in applying may be directed to Conni Mutchler in the Board of Commissioners Office at 616.632.7580.

This post was written by:

- who has written 19598 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.

Contact the author

Comments are closed.



Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!