web analytics

Categorized | News

Kent County seeks volunteers for boards

N-Kent-County-logoThe Kent County Board of Commissioners is seeking citizens interested in serving the community through appointment to various boards, commissions, and committees. Any Kent County resident may apply by completing an online application form via the County’s website at www.accessKent.com. Resumes and cover letters are encouraged and may be attached. All citizens are urged to apply. The application deadline is September 30, 2014.

Listed below are the boards, commissions, and committees that have citizen openings for terms effective January 1, 2015:

*Agricultural Preservation Board (1 agricultural representative)

*Area Agency on Aging of Region VIII – Advisory Council

*Area Agency on Aging of Region VIII – Board of Directors

*Community Corrections Advisory Board (1 Probation Representative and 1 Defense Attorney)

*Community Health Advisory Committee (1 community-based organization representative, 1 faith-based organization representative, and 2 health care providers)

*Community Mental Health Authority Board (term begins April 1, 2015)

*County Building Authority

*Department of Human Services Board (term begins November 1, 2014)

*Friend of the Court Citizen’s Advisory Committee (1 general public representative and 1 custodial parent)

*Gerald R. Ford International Airport Board (1 Kent County resident and 1 non-county resident from Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon or Ottawa County)

*Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention/Arena Authority

*Housing Commission

*John Ball Zoo Advisory Board

*Kent County Family & Children’s Coordinating Council (4 private funding organization representatives and 4 Advocate/Consumer representatives)

*Kent District Library Board (Region 1 – Nelson, Oakfield, Spencer and Tyrone Township; and Region 5 – Ada, Cascade, and Grand Rapids Township and the City of East Grand Rapids. Applicants must live in Region 1 or 5.)

*Kent Hospital Finance Authority

*Millennium Park Architectural Advisory Review Board (1 business community representative and 1 design community representative)

*Officers’ Compensation Commission

*Road Commission Board

*Solid Waste Management Planning Committee (4 -Waste Company Representatives, 1-Waste Generator Representative, 2- Environmental Organization Representatives, 3 – General Public Representatives)

*Veteran’s Affairs Committee (Applicant must be a Veteran of the Armed Forces.

Indicate on application form which war/conflict served in the space provided to list your qualifications)

This post was written by:

- who has written 17572 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.

Contact the author

Comments are closed.

Ray Winnie
Watson Rockford
Advertising Rates Brochure
Kent County Credit Union
Cedar Car Co
Dewys Manufacturing


Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!