web analytics

Categorized | News

Mobile homes evacuated due to gas leak

About ten mobile homes from Cedar Springs Mobile Estates were evacuated Thursday morning due to a gas leak.

According to Cedar Springs Police Chief Roger Parent, the Cedar Springs Fire Department was called out to 425 Allan Street, a vacant home, on a possible gas leak.  They could smell gas and DTE was called to the scene. The DTE supervisor determined there was a need to cap the line underground, and the gas line was repaired as of 11 a.m.  During the incident the fire department asked 10 neighboring residents to vacate their homes as a precautionary measure.

This post was written by:

- who has written 19598 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.

Contact the author

Comments are closed.



Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!