web analytics

Categorized | News

Electrical fire damages home

Electrical fire damages home

By Judy Reed

Wiring in need of repair may have been the cause of a fire in Algoma Township Monday morning.

Post photo by J. Reed

Post photos by J. Reed

Algoma Township firefighters were dispatched to 10880 Algoma, just north of 13 Mile, just before 9 a.m. March 1 on a possible electrical fire. Dispatch said the house was filling with smoke. Sparta Township Fire assisted them at the scene.

According to Algoma Fire Chief Steve Johnson, the fire started between the living room and another room, above the garage, and was most likely due to wiring in need of repair. He estimated it caused about $15,000 in damage.

The couple had several animals, which Johnson said made it out safely.

Algoma cleared the scene about 11:12 a.m.

This post was written by:

- who has written 17410 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.

advert
Watson Rockford
Advertising Rates Brochure
Dewys Manufacturing
Ray Winnie
Kent County Credit Union
Cedar Car Co

Archives

Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!