web analytics

Categorized | News

Family loses home, pets in fire

Family loses home, pets in fire

By Judy Reed

Several area fire departments assisted at a fire on Stout Avenue, Monday, November 30. Photo by J. Reed

Several area fire departments assisted at a fire on Stout Avenue, Monday, November 30. Photo by J. Reed

A Cedar Springs family lost their home Monday evening from a fire that started in a downstairs bedroom.

According to Courtland Fire Chief Mickey Davis, they were called out at 8:28 p.m. Monday, November 30, to a modular home on Stout, just south of 16 Mile Road after the  mother smelled smoke and found the fire. The call stated there were flames showing out the bedroom window, and some family pets were trapped inside.

Cedar Springs, Oakfield, and Algoma Fire Departments assisted Courtland at the scene, and the fire was knocked down in about 30 minutes, according to Davis. He said the cause was most likely electrical. While the house was still standing, Davis noted that it would probably be totaled due to smoke and water damage.

One cat and one dog were recovered safely, but a larger dog was overcome by smoke and another cat was still missing at press time. According to a report in the Grand Rapids Press, the father and three children were not home at the time of the fire.

This post was written by:

- who has written 17410 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.

advert
Ray Winnie
Kent County Credit Union
Advertising Rates Brochure
Dewys Manufacturing
Watson Rockford
Cedar Car Co

Archives

Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!