Posted on 10 December 2015.
Mike and Belinda Sanderson, of Cedar Springs, Bruce and Myrna Chapman, of Sand Lake, and Beverly Chapman and her daughter Demetria, of Sand Lake, outside of the Titanic Museum, Branson, Missouri.
Belinda, Mike, and Autumn Sanderson, of Cedar Springs, at the entrance to Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri.
The Chapmans, of Sand Lake, and the Sandersons, of Cedar Springs, travelled to Branson, Missouri to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles (Leviticus 23:33-43) September 27th through October 6th. For eight days we dwelled in our temporary booths (a rustic cabin in the woods) and attended church services each day. Branson was a beautiful place in the Ozark Mountains and had lots to do, so when we weren’t busy with church activities we got to enjoy some of the local attractions. A group of us went to Silver Dollar City, an amusement park, some of us visited the Titanic Museum, and others enjoyed an aquarium. A few were lucky enough to go to the light and sound theatre to see “Jonah.” There was so much to see and do, eight days wasn’t enough.
Are you going on vacation? Take the Post with you and snap some photos. Then send them to us with some info to email@example.com or mail them to Post travels, PO Box 370, Cedar Springs, MI 49319. We will be looking for yours!
Posted in Featured, News
Posted on 01 May 2014.
Above shows smoke rolling out the upstairs slider door during the fire, as firefighters work to extinquish the flames in the basement. Post photo by B. Sanderson
An exhaust fan in a basement bathroom could be responsible for the fire at a Solon home last Saturday, April 26.
According to Belinda Sanderson, who lives at 4499 16 Mile Road, she smelled something funny but couldn’t figure out what it was. Eventually she saw smoke coming out of a pipe in a furnace room, which ran alongside where the exhaust fan was, about 11 p.m.
The family and pets got out safely.
Both Solon and Cedar Springs responded to the scene.
The bathroom ceiling is where the fire is believed to have started.
Solon Fire Chief Jeff Drake said the fire was confined to the bathroom area, and they believe it started from an electrical short in the bathroom vent fan. They did rip down the ceiling in the basement to get at the fire, and used a thermal imaging camera to see if there were hotspots in the walls.
Drake said they estimate the damages at $10,000 to structure and $10,000 to contents. The family is currently staying with relatives.
Posted in Featured, News
Posted on 29 March 2012.
We received our first turtle rescue report of the new season just last week. Mike and Belinda Sanderson found a turtle trying to cross the road on 16 Mile, west of Northland Drive. But when they got close, they realized it was a snapper turtle, and it did not want to cooperate with their efforts to lead him across. The turtle finally crossed the road on its own, as seen in the photo.
As a reminder, if you see a turtle trying to cross the road, you only need to help them to the other side, in the way they were traveling, and please be safe while doing it. And never try to pick up a snapping turtle!
If you’ve rescued a turtle, you can email photos and a brief summary to firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in to our office at 36 E. Maple Street in Cedar Springs.
Posted in Outdoors