web analytics

Tag Archive | "reunion"

Sand Lake queens get recognition


Pictured is the first Sand Lake Village Queen, Donna Shick, in 1952. Her court (L to R) Nancy Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Mildred Hadrick, Bernice Manley, Norma Grimes, Joyce Kundee, and Sharon Robinson (crown bearer).

Pictured is the first Sand Lake Village Queen, Donna Shick, in 1952. Her court (L to R) Nancy Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Mildred Hadrick, Bernice Manley, Norma Grimes, Joyce Kundee, and Sharon Robinson (crown bearer).

The Sand Lake Alumni will recognize Sand Lake Village’s queens and Sand Lake’s football queens at the 123rd Sand Lake Alumni Reunion on June 13, 2015. The reunion will be held at the Resurrection Lutheran Church in Sand Lake. Social hour starts at 5:00 p.m. with dinner at 6:00 p.m. Cost is $12 per person. This year’s program recognizes all former village queens of Sand Lake and all of Sand Lake’s football queens.

The 2015 Alumni Banquet Committee consists of Dave Groner, Dick Pierce, Betty (Bradford) Clegg and Verna (White) Smigiel. For more information contact Dave Groner at (269) 208-5716.

Posted in Arts & Entertainment, FeaturedComments (0)

Class of 1959 holds 50th reunion


N-Reunion-Class-of-59-50thThe Cedar Springs High School Class of 1959 celebrated its 50th Reunion on Sunday afternoon, September 13, 2009, at Boulder Creek Golf Course. Twenty-six of the 53 graduates attended, along with one of their class advisors, Mrs. Helen McLaughlin.

There was a total of 46 in attendance. Nine classmates are deceased.

After many group pictures were taken, the classmates had dinner and cake, watched a DVD of slides of their school years put to music, spoke about their families, and reminisced about their past adventures. After an enjoyable evening, all left with souvenir coffee mugs and booklets of classmate information.

The Class of ’59 was the last Cedar Springs High School class to attend all 13 grades in the school on the hill, now known as Hilltop Administration/New Beginnings. Since the “new” high school (now Red Hawk Elementary) was built and finished in the spring of 1959, the 53 graduates of the Class of ’59 were the first to hold their graduation ceremony in the “new” high school gymnasium.

Members of the Reunion committee were Sue (Grannis) Harrison, Joanne (Ballard) Cahoon, and Judy (Winter) Rowland.

Posted in Featured, NewsComments Off