(ARA) – Fall is a time of transition. Not only do you need to prepare your skin for the cold months ahead, but it’s time to transform your look from light and airy to soft and classic.
Focus on a few beauty basics – skin, make-up, fashion and fragrance – and you’ll have all you need for a fantastic fall.
Great skin is always in
As the weather gets cooler and drier, your skin needs extra moisture to keep it supple. Keep warm weather memories alive with a scent reminiscent of summer and try Coconut Milk Body Lotion from The Body Shop. Treat yourself to the finest ingredients – ethically sourced community trade virgin coconut oil from Samoa – and get soft, smooth and deliciously scented skin.
Autumn lips are washed in soft color. International make-up artist Chase Aston says this fall is all about the perfect pout and recommends Colourglide Lip Color from The Body Shop.
Aston shares his tips for luscious and gorgeous lips:
- Use a lip liner for added definition and to help prevent feathering.
- Enhance the natural color of your lips by gently gliding on lip color. For added pout power, use a lipstick/concealer brush.
- Look for a shade that complements your skin tone. With 37 shades, you can easily find Colourglide Lip Color that works for you.
This fall, dramatic smoldering eyes are what’s fabulous. To achieve fall’s hottest eye looks, Aston gives these sizzling tips:
- Smudge together forest green, shimmering grey and lilac to create a chic, modern, smoky eye.
- To create an intense, sultry eye look, look for a palette that features a warm trio of rich brown, golden copper and shimmering sand hues.
- Try a metallic eye definer. Alone, it can be used to line and define or use it to complement your favorite eye shadow. “Choose shades that contrast your eyes to make them pop,” says Aston. “Apply color to the eyelid or along the lash-line as an accent for impact.”
Classic, “back to basics” clothing was all the rage on the fall runways. This season’s must-have piece is the crisp white jacket that works with everything from jeans to a little black dress. The key accessory to sport is perfectly fitting with the chill in the air – gloves. Half gloves, fingerless gloves and long gloves are gracing the arms of starlets walking the red carpet and go with everything from rugged parkas to dainty and ladylike skirts. If you’ve got a special occasion to dress for, or if you’re just plain feeling glam, the gold dress, inspired by the rich tones of autumn, is the choice for your holiday parties.
For more information on fall beauty basics, visit TheBodyShop-USA.com.
Courtesy of ARAcontent