Dear Cedar Springs Public Schools Family:
On Tuesday, May 2, voters throughout Kent County will consider the Strong Schools, Strong Communities proposal, a 10-year, 0.9 mill increase for a regional enhancement millage that would allow local school districts to strengthen our future workforce and develop and attract strong talent right here in West Michigan.
If approved, the proposal will allow local districts to:
- Expand career training and technical course offerings that will give students real life, on-the-job training and a head start on their careers.
- Give students exposure to the world of work and business with partnerships that prepare them for careers.
- Give students living in poverty a good start, and surround them with the support needed to keep them in school.
By law, if this proposal is approved, every penny generated from this proposal will be distributed to local school districts to maintain existing programs and improve services offered to students.
At Cedar Springs Public Schools this proposal would generate an estimated $723,000 per year. In alignment with the purposes above, our district will focus on these priorities:
- Continued expansion of the Early Middle College program and access to other college and career opportunities
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support for Academics and Behavior
- Professional Development for continued best practices in instruction and student support
- Enhanced afterschool and summer school learning opportunities
- Comprehensive Counseling and Mental Health Programs
- Technology Infrastructure and software enhancements
- Maintaining or lowering class sizes
- Improved assessment tools
Please share this information with your friends and family so they are informed about what’s on the ballot Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
Learn more at: strongschoolsstrongcommunities.com
Have a relaxing and enjoyable spring break!
Laura VanDuyn, Ed.D.