The Cedar Springs Rockin Red Hats were luncheon guests of Larry and Audrey Young, at the Tower House, 65 E. Muskegon St., for their regular monthly meeting on September 9. The luncheon was a potluck and served on china and silver belonging to hosts Larry and Audrey Young.
After the luncheon, members were given a tour of the historic home by Larry Young. The Youngs have owned the Tower House for 40 years and have furnished it with antiques that have special meaning to the Youngs and to visitors from the community of Cedar Springs.
According to The Cedar Springs Story, by Sue Harrison and Donna DeJonge, the Tower House was built in 1871 by L.W. Styles. Dr. Albert and Lida Tower bought the house in 1920 from the Glidden family, and owned it for 50 years. Dr. Tower was a dentist here in Cedar Springs.