web analytics

From the Superintendent’s Desk

Cedar Springs Public Schools has much to be thankful for as the month of December is here.  It is exciting to report that our students consistently reached new heights in the classroom, on the stage, and on the field/courts this fall.  We believe each day is an opportunity to be better than we were the day before.  The upcoming winter season promises to be brighter than ever for Cedar Springs students, families, and staff.  

Each member of our school community can celebrate one particular highlight of note.  We recently received word from the Michigan State Police Grants and Community Services Division that Cedar Springs Public Schools will be receiving an award of $478,713 to help fund the following projects:

• Electronic locking systems upgrades for each building

• Exterior doors and frames

• Public address systems 

• Bluepoint Rapid Emergency Response Systems for each school (https://www.bluepointalert.com/)

 The award represents 75% of the total costs of these projects.  The District will pay the remaining $159,571 (25%) out of our Building and Site Sinking Fund.  Words cannot express the degree of appreciation Cedar Springs Public Schools has for the efforts of Ken Simon, Deputy Tom McCutcheon, and Jeff Malloch in making this happen for our community.

It is evident that the investments people are making in our schools and community are paying significant dividends.  We encourage you to pause and give thanks during this holiday season for the impact those investments are making on the lives of our students, families, and staff who call Cedar Springs home.

 With respect and appreciation,

Scott B. Smith, Superintendent

This post was written by:

- who has written 15475 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Leave a Reply

*

code

advert
Cedar Car Co
Advertising Rates Brochure
Kent Theatre

Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!