web analytics

Categorized | News

Empty house catches fire

Empty house catches fire
This empty house at 157 N. Main caught fire Wednesday, January 13. Post photo by J. Reed.

This empty house at 157 N. Main caught fire Wednesday, January 13. Post photo by J. Reed.

A house that is scheduled to be demolished soon was the site of a structure fire on Wednesday, January 13.

According to Cedar Springs Fire Chief Marty Fraser, the call came in about 8:28 p.m. on a structure fire at 157 N. Main, which is just north of Cedar Creek. When they arrived, flames were seen on the second story. Fraser said they cut in around the chimney on the south side to go in and stop the fire, which burned through the wall and floor.

The building, which was purchased by the Community Building Development Team in October, is scheduled to be torn down soon, and all utilities had been turned off.

“We can rule out natural gas or electric as being a cause,” remarked Fraser.

He noted that the Fire Marshal was expected later today to investigate the fire.

This post was written by:

- who has written 17580 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.

advert
Advertising Rates Brochure
Dewys Manufacturing
Kent County Credit Union
Ray Winnie

Archives

Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!