Due to the government sequestration handed down at the end of last school year, Head Start was forced to cut some of their programming and North Kent Head Start was one of the sites that was closed to absorb the cut in funding. They are happy to announce that North Kent Head Start is re-opening it’s doors again for the 2014-15 school year.
Head Start is a unique program that targets the neediest families in the community. They offer a quality, full day preschool program with lots of other benefits like transportation, social services, health tracking, and much more. Our program is a free service offered to children to prepare them for success in school.
Head Start for Kent County is now enrolling for full day programming.
• A high quality preschool program
• Transportation (in most areas)
• Nutritious Meals and Snacks
• Family Support
• Child screenings in health and development
• Accomodations for special neeeds children
• Children must be 4 by October 1st, 2014
• Must meet income guidelines
Qualifying Parent(s) must be involved in one of the following:
• Working or
• In school or
• In job training or
• The age eligible child must have an IEP
Head Start is located at 14951 White Creek Avenue Cedar Springs. Call 453-4145 for more information.