College preparatory and professional development programs added
Aquinas College is expanding its Summer Academy with the addition of pre-college and academic enrichment programs for high school students and professionals. Designed to prepare students for college and professional careers, these new seminars and workshops will accompany the long standing sports and jazz camps, and College for Kids classes.
Designed by Aquinas faculty, the Summer Academy programs will take place at Aquinas’ campus. Attendance is limited and students who wish to participate are encouraged to register for summer programs as early as possible.
Registration deadline for all Summer Academy programs is Friday, May 30. Deadlines for sports, jazz and College for Kids programs vary by class.
Summer Academy Pre-College Programs are designed for highly motivated high school students looking to explore college-level programs. Options include:
• Essential Concepts and Careers in Health Sciences
• Adventurous Accounting and Exciting Economics
• War and Peace in the 20th Century
• Writing for College
• Observational Drawing
Summer Academy Academic Enrichment Programs are open to high school students and adults looking to further develop their professional skills. This summer, Aquinas will offer a workshop on Public Speaking and Presentation Skills.
The new Summer Academy programs will be offered in addition to the variety of athletic, music and enrichment programs Aquinas has offered in the past. Those programs include:
• Sports camps – for all ages and genders in basketball, soccer, volleyball and lacrosse
• Jazz camp – open to students in eight grade through college, adult musicians and music educators
• College for Kids – designed for all ages, attendees can choose from subject specific classes that include art, health and fitness, language arts, pet care, performing arts, science, technology and math
Details on all of Aquinas’ summer programs, including registration forms, can be found at www.aquinas.edu/summer. Follow the links on the bottom left sidebar to learn more about each of the programs.