web analytics

Categorized | News

Man admits he faked child abduction story

Last week’s Post carried the story of an attempted child abduction on 17 Mile near Division, in Tyrone Township. As it turns out, police were reportedly looking for the suspect in a crime that never happened.

The Kent County Sheriff Department said on Tuesday that the father admitted he fabricated the story.

The original story was that the father was working in his garage on September 4, when he noticed a man walking away holding the hand of his 2-year-old son, who had been playing in the front yard. The father yelled at the man, who continued walking, and the father then ran after the man and got his son back after a confrontation. He didn’t report the incident until September 7.

No motive was given for the fabricated tale. Undersheriff Jon Hess said that detectives would be presenting the case to the prosecutor’s office for the charge of filing a false police report.

This post was written by:

- who has written 7546 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.

advert

LOCAL Advertisers

Kent Theatre
The POST
Bryne Electrical

Get the Cedar Springs Post in your mailbox for only $35.00 a year!