web analytics

Categorized | News

Woman electrocuted by homemade cord

A Courtland Township woman was fatally electrocuted while working in her yard earlier this week.

On Tuesday morning, June 19, the Kent County Sheriff Department was called to the scene at 7636 Hessler Drive NE, in Courtland Township, about 6:14 a.m., on a female down in her yard.

According to police, the victim, Stephanie Trudeau, 41, was working on her landscape in the late to early morning hours between June 18 and 19. She reportedly was using a homemade electrical cord with a bulb on the end. She was carrying the cord, light and a wire piece of steel on a steep slope in her yard, and the yard was extremely wet from both the hose and rain from earlier in the morning.

Deputy Michael Tanis reported that with the wet ground, no shoes, bad wire light and steel, they connected and she was knocked to the ground and electrocuted.

This post was written by:

- who has written 19598 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.

Contact the author

Comments are closed.



Get Your Copy of The Cedar Springs Post for just $40 a year!