The Red Hawk Girls Varsity Track team opened the 2012 season at Greenville High School with a double dual meet against Greenville and Kenowa Hills. The Red Hawks defeated Kenowa Hills 96 to 41 and lost to Greenville 84 to 53. Freshman Kenzie Weiler set a school record in the 1600 meter run with a time of 5:04.4.
Placing in first for the Red Hawks was:
• Jeanette Sukstas, shot put and discus
• Rieley Hondalus long jump and 400 meter dash
• Aly Hamilton 100 and 200 meter dashes
• Kenzie Weiler 1600 and 3200 meter runs
• Katei Weiler 800 meter run
• 400 Meter relay team of Marissa Oakes, Sayge Wight, Abby Vandusen, and Aly Hamilton
• 800 Meter relay team of Rieley Hondalus, Sayge Wight, Marissa Oakes, and Aly Hamilton
• 1600 meter relay team of Rieley Hondalus, Fenessa Cotten, Katie Weiler, and Sommer VanDyke
• 3200 meter relay team of Sommer VanDyke, Maddie Pekrul, Kenzie Weiler, and Katie Weiler.
Placing in second was Kait Twork, shot put and discus; Abby Vandusen, long jump; Mariah Alles, high jump and 300 meter hurdles; Marissa Oakes, 100 meter dash; Katie Weiler 1600 meter run; Maddie Pekrul 3200 meter run.
Placing third was Marissa Oakes, long jump; Abby Vandusen, pole vault; Mariah Alles, 100 meter hurdles; Sommer Vandyke, 1600 and 800 meter runs; and Emily Shaft, 400 meter dash.