web analytics

Categorized | Featured, News

Sand Lake business catches fire

A fire at Sand Lake Foods was quickly extinguished last weekend. Post photo by B. Fitzgerald.

A potential disaster in the downtown business district of Sand Lake was averted last weekend due to an observant customer.
According to Sand Lake Fire Chief Ed Holtzlander, a customer was leaving Sand Lake Foods, 59 W. Lake Street, in Sand Lake, when he thought he smelled smoke. He looked up, and saw some smoke and flame coming from the roof, and ran back in and told the person working, and they grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran back out to try to extinguish the fire.
When Sand Lake Fire arrived a few short minutes later, there were still some flames between the roof and overhang that were quickly extinguished. Cedar Springs Fire had been called to assist, but were sent back home since the fire was out. Holtzlander said they were called as a precaution. “With all the buildings attached the way they are, it could have been a lot worse,” he remarked.
Holtzlander said the fire was probably electrical, and started in some of the lighting over the porch. “A bird may have shorted it out,” he said.

This post was written by:

- who has written 7512 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

One Response to “Sand Lake business catches fire”

  1. charlie towns says:

    I bet that this is an example for those who were against the dispanding of Sand Lake. Would the fire dept still be there if that went through?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks


advert

LOCAL Advertisers

Kent Theatre
The POST
Bryne Electrical

Get the Cedar Springs Post in your mailbox for only $35.00 a year!