Carol Junkins is crazed for cranberries. The home cook features this tart fruit in a decadent cake, which begins with a time-saving yellow cake mix. The cranberry-lemon combo is both tart and refreshing and tastes lighter than it looks.
Don’t let the multiple ingredient components – filling, topping and glaze – in the recipe scare you. The cake comes together in a snap.
See step-by-step photos of Carol Junkins’ Cranberry Lemon Crumble Cake recipe and thousands more recipes from other hometown Americans at:
You’ll also find a meal planner and coupons for the recipe ingredients. Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”…
What You Need
2 c fresh cranberries
1/2 c sugar
2/3 c water
1 pkg lemon cake mix
1 tsp ground ginger
1 1/3 c water
1/3 c vegtable oil
3 lg eggs
1/2 c Craisins (dried cranbrries)
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/4 c light brown sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c quick oatmeal
2 c confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
1 tsp grated lemon zest
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
• For the filling, mix cranberries, sugar and water in heavy saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until all the cranberries are popped and mixture thickens. Pour into a glass pan and put in freezer to cool.
• For the cake, mix cake mix, ginger, water, vegetable oil, eggs and craisins in large bowl.
• For the topping, mix nuts, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon and oatmeal together. Now pour half of the cake batter into a 9” bundt pan, add the filling on top, then pour the rest of batter in. Crumble your topping on, and bake for 35-40 minutes.
• When cooled, pour glaze over top.
Submitted by: Carol Junkins, Hanson, MA (Pop. 9,313)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Used by Permission.