If you are going to ArtPrize, you might want to consider riding the trolley from Cedar Springs to Grand Rapids on Monday, September 26. The special ArtPrize Trolley tour, brought by Cedar Springs Area Parks and Recreation, costs $74 and includes:
• a visit to the Grand Rapids Art Museum and special gift bag.
• A guided tour of historic Heritage Hill and down town Grand Rapids with time to view the outdoor art exhibits downtown and along the Grand River
• Lunch at the beautiful Covenant Village of the Great Lakes. Featuring more Art Prize exhibits
• A visit to Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. Your visit includes the indoor gardens,
• a tram ride and seeing the ArtPrize exhibits located at the Gardens
• Transportation via Grand Rapids Trolley
• Services of a Countryside Tour Director
The trolley will depart from Cedar Springs Public Schools District Office (in the lower parking lot near Northern Physical Therapy) at 8 a.m. For more information call Amanda Gerhardt at 696-7320 or email her at email@example.com.
If you haven’t yet registered to vote at ArtPrize, it can be done online at artprize.org. Anyone ages 16 and up can register to vote. If you voted in 2010 or 2009, your email will still be on file. Just log back in to re-register. Once registered, accounts must be activated in-person. Participants are required to present a valid government-issued identification in order to ensure the validity of the vote, and so outsiders can’t “game” the system. Your valid ID MUST be presented at any ArtPrize registration and be in the form of a driver’s license, state ID or passport. This can be done beginning Sept. 17 at The Hub at 41 Sheldon, or at any of the eight ArtPrize Exhibition Centers starting Sept. 21 and through the duration of the event.
Voting during week one of ArtPrize 2011 begins Sept. 21 at 6:00 p.m. and runs through 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 28. Voters can vote up or down for any of the 1,582 artists. One vote per person is allowed for each work of art. Voting results will continually be posted online at artprize.org. The Top 10 finalists will be announced Sept. 29; 6:00 p.m. at Rosa Parks Circle, in downtown Grand Rapids.
Voting during week two begins after the Top 10 announcement. Voters can cast only one vote for one of the 10 finalists. Votes can be changed until the close of voting on October 5 at 11:59 p.m. In week two, voting results will not be posted online. The winners will be announced on October 6.