web analytics

Categorized | Featured, News

Man arrested for mobile home fire

Brent Robert Koelsch has been charged with arson and home invasion for setting fire to a mobile home in Cedar Springs last year.

A former Cannon Township resident has been charged with setting the fire that destroyed a mobile home at Cedar Springs Mobile Estates last summer.

According to Cedar Springs Police Chief Roger Parent, the fire broke out about midnight June 26, 2010, at 368 Allan Street. Witnesses said a man arrived at the mobile home just before midnight, reportedly yelling and kicking in the door. Soon after, the man exited the mobile home and fled. Witnesses saw flames shortly after and called the fire department.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

The 14 X 70 1992 Patriot mobile home was a total loss.  State Police Fire Investigator Gregory J. Stormzand assisted Cedar Springs PD with the fire investigation, and confirmed it was arson.

Upon investigation, police found that the owner, a 38-year-old Cedar Springs man, had a brief encounter with a person earlier in the night, who he felt had broken into his home and started the fire. After reviewing evidence, the prosecutor issued a two-count warrant for Brent Robert Koelisch, 40, of Cannon Township. Investigators were told he left the state within days of the fire.

On Tuesday, August 30, the Cedar Springs Police were notified that Koelisch had been picked up on a traffic stop by the Ottawa County Sheriff Department and was being held in the Ottawa County jail on the two warrants.

Koelish was transferred to the Kent County Jail and arraigned on Wednesday, August 31 in 63rd District Court on one count of arson of a dwelling, and one count of home invasion. He was given a $50,000 cash/surety bond. He posted bond and was released pending a preliminary exam on September 12 at 10 a.m.

 

 

This post was written by:

- who has written 8404 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.