web analytics

Categorized | News

What is it?

Is it a rock? Is it a giant marshmallow? Nope—it’s a mushroom!
Judy Gage, of Courtland Township, lives on Benham, and her husband recently noticed this large white object in the field across the street. “He went over to get it because he thought it was a rock,” she said. “He was going to put it in the yard.” They were both surprised to find out it wasn’t a rock but a mushroom.
The mushroom measured 10-1/2 long, and just short of 10 inches wide. It may be a giant puffball, which is edible when young, but not when it matures.
Be careful when picking any wild mushrooms, and always check to be sure it’s safe to eat.

This post was written by:

- who has written 8562 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.