(NAPS)—When it comes to men’s faces, things can get pretty hairy. Despite the growing popularity—about 60 million guys currently sport facial hair—there are plenty of unanswered questions for guys in terms of styles and trimming tips.
“Facial hair is more acceptable now than it’s been in a long time, and when it comes to styles, anything goes,” said Ben Phillips, master barber for Wahl. “But just because anything goes doesn’t mean guys should let it grow out of control. Lots of men are looking for help in finding a style that best enhances their look—and with a few simple tips they can sport a look that suits them best.”
According to Phillips, the key to a well-groomed look is understanding what shape best suits your face and finding the right tool to deliver the desired style.
For example, when considering an electric trimmer, he says, be sure to get one that has the power, precision, design and run-time to easily maintain your facial hair style.
He also offers these five tips to help you keep your facial hair looking good:
1. Before you trim, comb hair straight using a narrow-tooth comb.
2. For most facial hair styles, start by outlining and shaping the hair.
3. Use a slightly shorter length underneath the jawline, as hair tends to grow thicker there than on the cheeks and chin.
4. For lining up the hairline, start in the center and work toward each ear.
5. Remember, it’s about personal style. Experiment with different facial hair styles and shapes to see what best suits your face.
If you’ve mastered these trimming tips and proudly sport facial hair, you could be named a Wahl Man of the Year in the sixth annual search for the best facial hair in America. Contest winners receive a lithium ion prize package including an iPad 2, Garmin GPS system and Flip video camcorder. To enter, simply submit a photo of yourself at www.wahlnation.com by Oct. 9, 2011. More tips and information are also on the website.