web analytics

Categorized | Featured, News

Barn fire sparked by welding

A pole barn and three other structures were destroyed by fire last Saturday night in Spencer Township.
According to Spencer Fire Chief Alan Wright, they were called to the scene at 17563 Trufant Avenue, north of Maston Lake about 6:45 p.m. May 7, on a pole barn fire. The home belongs to Spencer Township trustee Albert Frandsen.
Montcalm and Maple Valley Fire departments assisted, and Oakfield Township brought in a tanker to the scene.
Wright said the homeowner had been doing some welding in his workshop (the pole barn) and sparks from the welding ignited a bucket of flammable material.
No one was hurt in the fire.

This post was written by:

- who has written 14421 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Leave a Reply

*

code

advert
Advertising Rates Brochure
Cedar Car Co
Kent Theatre
Ensley Team Five Star Realty

Get the Cedar Springs Post in your mailbox for only $35.00 a year!