The holidays are meant to be a happy, enjoyable season. Yet the stress of shopping, decorating and entertaining can sometimes dampen the spirit.
Here are some easy tips to help you make this a great, stress-free holiday season:
• Before heading to the mall, make a list of everyone you want to give a gift to and some ideas of gifts they may like. This will help you organize a budget and streamline your experience once you hit the stores.
• Start early so you’ll have more time to find that perfect gift for everyone on your list. After all, you’re less apt to select a great gift if you are rushing through a store before they close on Christmas Eve.
• Try to shop during the week to avoid long check-out lines.
• To help keep the holiday budget in check, consider making handmade gifts or personalized coupons. These gifts are sometimes the most remembered and most valuable to receive.
• Enlist the kids to help you decorate. It’s a great way to spend time together as a family and lets everyone feel more a part of the holiday celebrations.
• Wrap gifts as you go rather than leaving everything until Christmas Eve.
And don’t forget the stockings. Pouring out the contents of a stocking is a big part of the Christmas morning tradition. While the stockings will always have candy and fruit, the small stocking stuffer gifts are what make stockings most memorable.
• To make bath time more fun for all the kids, stuff their stockings with a selection of inexpensive bath art items. You can find bath paints, markers and crayons that let the little ones unleash their inner Picassos. Bathtub clings and foam letters, shapes and numbers let them create a new masterpiece every time they get clean.
• Need a last minute stocking stuffer idea for your spouse? Pick up the Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Proclean, which provides practicality in a sleek package. This toothbrush removes up to 70% of plaque in hard-to-reach places and will leave their mouth feeling clean and refreshed. And after all, fresh breath is necessary when you’re standing under the mistletoe!
• Combine functional with fun by adding kid-favorite Arm & Hammer Spinbrush battery-powered toothbrushes to your children’s stocking this year. For the girl who loves decorating everything from her notebook to her bedroom, the Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Kids My Way! battery-powered toothbrush is the perfect stocking stuffer. With more than 140 water safe stickers that can be applied to the toothbrush handle, she can create her own custom one-of-a-kind toothbrush, making brushing time more fun.
• For little boys who have been good this year, Santa can include an Arm & Hammer Spinbrush Kids Thomas & Friends’ toothbrush to their stocking. Featuring the much-loved Thomas the Tank Engine, the toothbrush will help place kids on the express track to the bathroom sink to brush after a full day of holiday sweets.
For more information, visit www.spinbrush.com.