How much do you know about Thanksgiving?
(SPM Wire) In addition to stuffing your guests’ stomachs this Thanksgiving, here are some fun Turkey Day facts to fill their minds:
* Thanksgiving wasn’t a national holiday until 1863, when President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed the last day in November a national day of thanksgiving.
* President Franklin Roosevelt amended the holiday to fall on the fourth Thursday of November (avoiding the occasional fifth Thursday), in order to allocate more.
* More than 232 million turkeys were raised in the United States this year alone.
* There are five places and townships in the country named Cranberry or some variation thereof.
* An estimated 117 million households will celebrate Thanksgiving this year, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.