PREVIOUS: A 46-year-old man was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after possibly being electrocuted while on the job at a plant in Nelson Township.
According to Kent County Sheriff Deputy Aaron Brown and Sgt. Thomas Raymond, the man was working on a truck at High Grade Materials, on the corner of Northland Drive and Coan, just south of Sand Lake, when he fell about four or five feet to the ground and injured his head. A witness reportedly heard a pop before he fell, and deputies said the truck may have gotten too close to an overhead power line, but they haven’t confirmed he was electrocuted.
The victim, Pat Underhill, of Mecosta, did not have a pulse when first responders from Sand Lake and Cedar Springs first arrived, but once they got a pulse they transported him to Butterworth Hospital by Rockford ambulance in critical condition.
Sgt. Raymond said the incident would be referred to MIOSHA since it was an industrial accident.