web analytics

Categorized | News

Fireworks explosion injures man

A 42-year-old Stanton man had a commercial firework explode in his hand while at a friend’s house Tuesday.

According the Montcalm County Sheriff Office, Blaine Kortes, 42, was at 1379 W. Klees Road in Douglas Township when the accident occurred, about 7:34 p.m., June 29.

The blast caused serious injury to the victim’s left hand, and burns to his body. Montcalm Emergency Services transported Blaine to Spectrum Butterworth in Grand Rapids, where he underwent emergency surgery.

Deputies remind the public to use caution when handling fireworks during the July 4th holiday. Fireworks that explode or leave the ground are still illegal in Michigan. No one else was injured in the blast. The incident remains under investigation.

This post was written by:

- who has written 7546 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.

advert

LOCAL Advertisers

Bryne Electrical
The POST

Get the Cedar Springs Post in your mailbox for only $35.00 a year!