web analytics

Categorized | Featured, News

Fire destroys mobile home

By Judy Reed

A young woman lost her home Sunday in a fire at Cedar Springs Mobile Estates.

Firefighters were dispatched to the scene of a possible dryer fire at 385 S. Linda at 3:12 p.m. on Sunday, February 21. When they arrived on scene, they found a singlewide mobile home in flames. The Sand Lake Fire Department also responded to the scene for mutual aid. The Cedar Springs Police Department was also on scene.

The renter and two friends escaped unharmed, and also got the family dog and cat out safely.

According to Fire Chief Jerry Gross, materials behind the dryer caught on fire and then spread. “The fire was knocked down in a short period of time, but we stayed on scene to ensure that there were no hot spots inside,” said Gross.

He noted that because of the close proximity of the home to the doublewide next door, that home also suffered heat, smoke and water damage. Siding on the front melted off.

Flames shoot from windows and doors of home. Photos by Greg Kurylowicz.

Flames shoot from windows and doors of home. Photo by Greg Kurylowicz.

Photo by Greg Kurylowicz.

Photo by Greg Kurylowicz.

The siding on the mobile home next door melted from the heat. That home also suffered smoke and water damage. Post photo by J. Reed.

The siding on the mobile home next door melted from the heat. That home also suffered smoke and water damage. Post photo by J. Reed.

Smoke pouring from inside the mobile home. Post photo by J. Reed.

Smoke pouring from inside the mobile home. Post photo by J. Reed.

The back side of the mobile home. Post photo by J. Reed.

The back side of the mobile home. Post photo by J. Reed.

This post was written by:

- who has written 8229 posts on Cedar Springs Post Newspaper.


Contact the author

Comments are closed.